Friday, August 14, 2009

Construction Season Challenge Aug 13-14

For this round I worked hours on our Relay For Life banner that we will carry in the opening ceremonies and hang at our site. It took three tries, lots of @#%&ing, and more patience than I ever thought I had, but it's finally finished and my teammates are gonna love it! The larger photos are relatives we've lost to cancer and the smaller are of survivors.

I've learned a few things while assembling this project:

1 - Don't assume the people you've requested info from, will actually come thru without being prodded over and over and over.
2 - Trial mock ups ARE NECESSARY!!!
3 - Don't care what the packaging says, iron on transfers are NOT easy!!

But most importantly,

No matter how many years I do this, I still get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes when I look at these photos and think how lucky I am to have/had these people in my life. Love you all!!


Now that this is finished, I'm on to altering some more journals to sell at our site. Wish me luck!! Godspeed

7 comments:

amberhelga said...

wow this is awesome and good luck !

CathyR said...

Looks great. Good luck with the walk.

Angie said...

Good luck with the walk! Looks great too!

LisaNRoxy said...

What a stunning tribute. Hugs to you - enjoy the walk and kudos for participating in such an important event.

LisaNRoxy said...

What a stunning tribute. Hugs to you - enjoy the walk and kudos for participating in such an important event.

Miss Misi said...

This is a very lovely banner!

Unknown said...

Your banner looks great. Best of luck with the walk.