Well, time for my vacation is quickly coming to a close, and a dose of reality just slapped me upside the head! I wish it was something fun and witty, but no, its about my life and health. Right now, I'm pissed off at the medical profession and am scared out of my freakin' mind!
I had an MRI on my lower back on July 6th, was told the results would be back in a few days and I would hear back from them within the week. I already received the bills from the "poor bedside manner of a doctor" and now the MRI itself, but still no results! What day is it again? Oh, that's right, August 2nd and I had to call them!!! What the .....?
I already knew there was a possibility of bulging between #3 & #4, and between #4 & #5, that's not anything new, but it would have been nice to hear that from them instead of me calling. KWIM?! Anyways, the doc was out so the nurse read me the results. It appears that there's a "mass on the left kidney and left side of the bladder that needs further testing via CT scan in order to diagnose." REALLY?? They didn't feel it necessary to call me and tell me?? WOW!!
Right now I'm in shock. I've heard of this type of practice in the medical community, but when its you, you don't know whether to cry, scream, or throw something! So, I sit here babbling on my blog, which is my happy place, and hoping it'll make me feel better. Guess what, it didn't. I'm still pissed, annoyed, want to throw something, scream, cry, punch the wall, anything!!
So, here I sit and wait until I get a phone call tomorrow morning, trying to erase that call from my head. God, please give me the strength and courage for whatever lies ahead.
Godspeed
No comments:
Post a Comment