Friday, January 25, 2013

Experimenting!

Not sure what anyone else does when you wake at 12:30AM and can't get back to sleep, but me, I tend to venture into my crafty area and dig in! I've been receiving daily videos from Creative Jump Start 2013 for the entire month of January and I can tell you I've picked up some awesome ideas to incorporate into my layouts, mini albums, and mixed media. I think there's still time to sign up, so just following the link above and check them out!

Here is a technique from Nathalie Kalbach that I found pretty darn sweet and just had to try! I have a bunch of 3" scrap strips sitting here & taped them together, grabbed my paints, the rubber brayer, and went to work....


dab on small dots of paints......

roll one way.....

and then the other......

grabbed a alpha stencil, mixed up my ink, and spritzed away!

Not sure exactly what I'll be doing with this in the future, but do see at least a tag or two to incorporate into layouts, and maybe, just maybe, some of it will show up in a mixed media project! Try it, you might enjoy the "freedom" this type of playing gives you!

Godspeed

No comments: