
When I discovered this recipe yesterday on Facebook, I just knew I had to give it a go! So very simple to make, and so very full of calories - 110 calories per ball!! Oh, I know! The temptation is for more, but they are so rich that more than two is a guaranteed stomach ache, so you've been warned!
Cool Mint Oreo Cookie Balls
* 6 oz. softened cream cheese
* 1 pkg. (15.25 oz.) Double Stuff Oreo Cool Mint Creme Cookies
* 2 pkgs. Baker's White Chocolate
* 6 drops food coloring
* green colored sugar sprinkles

Using a 1 gallon sized Ziploc storage bag, crush cookies with a rolling pin. (A food processor would work as well.)

When finished, your oreos should look like this:

Cut in cream cheese with a pastry cutter until cream cheese is well blended. Roll into 1" balls, place on waxed paper, and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
Melt white chocolate and mix in food coloring:

Dip each ball in chocolate mixture, placing on a clean wax paper, and dash on sprinkles. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Leftovers should be stored in a tightly covered container in your refrigerator.

What a wonderful treat for St. Patrick's Day or any other occasion where you need something quick and easy! ENJOY!
Godspeed
No comments:
Post a Comment