Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New chapter in our lives.....

The kids are well on their way to Albuquerque, New Mexico. It's been almost 24 hours since we said "see ya later!" and although I'll miss them like hell, its a good step for them and my son's career.

The grandbabies' toys are just where they left them, strewn around the house. But that's okay for now, I'll pick them up all in good time.

I do miss that chatter, those toys playing and bouncing on the kitchen floor as Ruby pulled them behind her. The crashing of all the tupperware as she pulled it out of the cupboard to scatter them across the house, while wearing the colander on her head! Silly Ruby! I'll miss her little subtle snuggles and sitting with her, blanket covering our lap, as we read books and such. Her blowing kisses in my direction, and her constant "happy day!" as she wandered about her day.

I will miss my little crafting buddy, Makayla, for so many different reasons. She is also my gardening sidekick, the baking helper who loves to measure out the stuff and mix it all up by hand, and my walks to the park to visit the new ducklings just won't be the same.

Today I'll attempt to get into a new routine of independence, one where I must take care of myself, do for myself, and try not to rely on others for help. Afterall, that extra house key for those times I lock myself out is no longer just a few minutes away. Its all going to be quite the adjustment, but somehow I will prevail, I usually do. :-)

Godspeed

No comments: