Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rice in soup.....

I learned something new today and I won't soon forget it. Never realized how small of an amount of rice to put in a pot of soup. Well, lets just say I'll be eating chicken rice with veggies soup all week! Kept adding more water and more water, and finally gave up.

I took a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon and feel much better. Hoping my crud is short lived and with the help of all my herbs and now this enormous pot of soup, I'll be kicking it good-bye within a few days. BTW, if you ever have a killer sore throat, try Throat Coat by Traditional Medicinals. It is a wonderful tea and makes your throat feel so much better! Been drinking it on and off today and it tastes pretty good, too, especially with a touch of honey. =)

Now that I feel better, I decided to hunker down and get my LEO Challenge #13 completed.


I love the colors of fall, but also know that the dreary days of winter aren't too far away. Trying really hard to focus on the beauty of the season instead of the negativeness of losing daylight at 4:30 in the afternoon. Time to work on that Vitamin D deficiency again!

Off to Hop! Godspeed

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What pretty flowers in your layout! Hope you are feeling better soon

Heather said...

Gorgeous colors. Love that LO. I hope you feel better soon.

Julie said...

i could so use that tea right now!! the tea with honey is not doing much! hope you get over the sickies quick!

love that lo!!! perfect use of then sass

Lori Gentile said...

That's a beautiful page. And, yes, small amount of rice in soup is best. LOL! I think most of my recipes call for 1/2C of non-quick cooking rice. :)

Merrilee said...

Beautiful pics and a lovely layout. I hope you feel better soon!

CathyR said...

Such pretty flowers and such a pretty layout. I hope you are feeling better today.

Miss Misi said...

Lovely LO and great photos!

terri k said...

Beautiful layout and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Janine Rachau said...

Fabulous colors and design,...and the photos are pretty super too!!