Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A bit of scrappy time!

Today my daughter had to have surgery and while waiting for that phone call that said everything was okay and went as planned, I nervously sat and scrapped because frankly, my fingernails are gone!

It took a bit longer for this layout than I expected because I decided to paint my chipboard letters different colors. It sure takes paint FOREVER to dry!

For this creation, I had snapped a few photos of Makayla on her first day of 2nd grade this past September and using an older October Afternoon line, Weathervane from 2008, came up with .......


As for that layout goal ....... 1 done - 14 to go!!

Godspeed

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

I think your painting paid off because it makes for a great looking title. Love the flashcard on there too!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love using up the older stuff from your stash? Love the layout!!!

angie gutshall said...

Love your school layout! Fun flash card!

Angela said...

Super cute! The colors are great!! Well worth the wait on paint to dry. ;)

just jennifer said...

sry it's taken so long for me to comment, Chrome seems to not like me right now!

Love the design and esp the letters! Glad you painted them!