Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another Goal Achieved!!

Yes, another milestone in my battle to shed the pounds and get to a healthier me was achieved! Its been YEARS since I weighed under 200 lbs. and well, I DID IT!! My weigh-in this morning was 198.4 lbs. and I celebrated with making some protein bars! Funny how things go from sugary cupcakes to healthy protein bars in a few short months!! ;-)

And since I'm tired of the constant cold salads on these cold, damp nights, I've discovered some healthy soup recipes and here's the first one I will try.

TORTILLA SOUP
1 lb of cut up skinless chicken breast
14.5 oz. can of reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
16 oz. can of petite chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt - optional
1 teaspoon chili powder

In a large pot, bring chicken, broth, tomatoes, and water to a boil. Reduce heat and cook till chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add salt and chili powder to taste, adding more chili powder if desired.

Divide soup into four bowls and garnish with:
1 jalapeno pepper, cut into rings
12 baked tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded low-fat Monteray Jack cheese
2 green onions thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoon. low-fat sour cream
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges

Serves 4
soup = 165 calories per serving
garnishes = 95 calories per serving

YUMMY!!

Godspeed

No comments: