As this Thanksgiving Day 2011 comes to a close, I'd like to reflect on the things that I am most grateful for in my life. With a year of ups and downs that we experienced as a family, our list is long, so I'll just write the condensed version......
I am thankful for:
* My son, our daughter-in-law, and precious grandchildren. We were separated for a spell when they moved to a job in New Mexico and it was THE hardest time I've ever experienced. I am so very thankful that they decided that no matter what it cost, they were going to move back home. From that experience we all learned that nothing is more important than family.
* My daughter for being there and doing her best to help occupy my lonely heart while the kids were away. I love her so much and so proud of her! I know just how lucky I am and would never take her for granted.
* My husband, Butch. It hasn't been easy these past 11 months for us financially and having to admit that this time around we wouldn't be able to make it with the semi, was very hard on him. He has always been a hard worker and to admit defeat was tough. Although we had to take this path, he is much more relaxed and doesn't stress over repair bills that were taking over his life, and that makes for a much happier home life!
All in all, I am very satisfied with my life as it stands now. Although we live paycheck to paycheck, may lose our house at any time, we have our family, health, our hearts are full of love and life, and nothing can replace that in our eyes!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Godspeed
No comments:
Post a Comment