I was anonymously gifted with this Stripology Mixology 2 pattern book by GE Designs by someone with a very generous heart! I feel so Blessed to have received it because there was this one pattern that I wanted to try so badly, but couldn't see buying a $30 book for just one pattern. "Cheap" has become my middle name in my older self! LOL!
Wanda, pictured on the cover, is what I'm creating!
You only use six 5" blocks, instead of nine, and just a mix of fabrics of the same theme or color ways. In my case, I used up some Halloween fabrics I had left over from mask making this past Fall. Still trying to decide what color I should use for sashing ... gray or off-white are what I have in mind ... I'll use up the rest of the fabrics I used in my blocks for that thin strip in the sashing, as shown on the cover.
SOOOOOOOOOOO .................
Here's my blocks ... no two are the same, which is incredible!
And my neat stack of 20 blocks trimmed, and waiting for me to assemble!
These blocks were so fast and easy to assemble once I got the hang of it! I see me making many more in the future! I'll be sure to post once I get it all assembled, which I hope is this weekend ... we'll see!
Godspeed



No comments:
Post a Comment