I made the decision to let my moderator position at The ScrapRoom go and get some things in my personal life in order. I've also decided that I need to take my creativity to new heights and dig into other areas that I've ignored for way too long. I'll still scrapbook here and there, but I've had this wild urge to finger paint, yes I said finger paint, for quite some time now.
I've been peeking at Donna Downey's work for a few months and just had to give it a shot when I saw her video. Was I glad I did!! I haven't quite decided what, if anything I want to include in the center of this painting, but like scrapbooking, I can always pick it up and finish it another time. :-)
I've been scrapping random photos of our vacation to San Diego. Remember how I said I was making the switch to 8.5 x 11? I LOVE IT!! Here are a few I've finished to date:
While there I met up with Edie & her family. We have been "cyber friends" ever since I joined TSR and it was so neat to be able to sit and chat in person and share an evening with her and her wonderful family!
I have more, but I'll share them at another time. Thanks for looking.
Godspeed

6 comments:
So glad to have you join the WT hop this weekend! Your finger painting rocks but more importantly kuddos for getting out of your box and trying new things! That is admirable!
PS: I used to love double 8.5x11 pages for some reason so it is no surprise that you are enjoying that format as well. I have to try it again!
I'm loving your fingerpainting! Such pretty work! Great scrap pages too! I'm working on San Diego as well so it's nice to see someone else's view!
Love the canvas and those layouts are very cute!!
Your painting is awesome Barb!! And as always, your scrapbooking pages are beautiful! I didn't know you switched to a different size album. Glad you like it!
I love your scrapbook pages, but also your painting. The colors are wonderful! Good luck in your new endeavors
Cute lo's! Fun fingerpainting!!
Post a Comment