Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A first for me!!

I'm placing a video on my blog! Playing with my new program today and thought I'd use a slideshow to share my recipe for my A to Z Challenge at The ScrapRoom. Hopefully it'll cooporate!


Apple Crisp

** I have made my recipe to accompany my 17 Day Diet program, but included the normal ingredients in parenthesis 

For filling mix together:
   3 apples peeled and thinly sliced
   1 tsp. cinnamon
   3 packets truvia (2 tbsp. sugar)

For topping mix together:
   2 tbsp whole wheat flour  (white flour)
   1 cup oatmeal (place thru food processor if you wish to have smaller oats as I did, but not necessary)
   1 tsp. vanilla
   3/4 tsp. cinnamon
   1/4 cup agave nectar (1/2 cup brown sugar)
   2 tbsp. Smart Balance (margarine or butter)

If you made your topping with the agave, it will be stickier, but comes out perfectly fine. Spread topping over apples and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.

If you desire, real whip topping or fat free yogurt is delicious! And the best part, only 150 calories per serving, no fats, no sugars, and no cholesterol! ENJOY!!

Godspeed




No comments: