Wednesday, October 19, 2016

something different

One mystery of cooking dinner for me has been, how do you liven up the potatoes? Having the same mashed potatoes night after night is such a bore, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to mix it up. It was fantastic and the only thing I'd do different is add some bacon! Who doesn't love bacon, right?! LOL!! Mixed up a meatloaf, added some sweet corn, and DINNER! Check it out tonight .... You're welcome! :)

Ranch Potatoes
serves 10

9 red potatoes
½ cup ranch dressing
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup cheddar, shredded

1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Slice the potatoes in half, lengthwise, then slice each half lengthwise three times and across four times, to cube.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop in chopped potatoes, cook 10 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes and mix in ranch, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until nicely browned.
6. While still hot, mix in cheddar.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Serve warm and enjoy!

No comments: