Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Better....

This past week was one of trial and error. What I thought would help me thru these difficult times, only made my situation uncomfortable, to say the least. After some talking with family members and the medical professionals, it was deemed that I was misdiagnosed and what I was given was only making it more difficult. So, we have started back at square one, and today was MUCH better!

It was explained to me that I'm sad and sadness is a very healthy thing to experience on occasion! Sad because the house my husband and I had built for us will no longer be ours in a few short months. Sad because my days I'm not working were filled with the sounds of little people who have since moved and not here. Sad because where I once felt very needed, I no longer feel that way. Its a grieving process of sorts, and its normal! And in all honesty, I am so relieved to hear that.

So, I have promised myself that from this day forward, I will take one day at a time, make a list of tasks that need to be completed each day and do them, and not be so anxious about the immediate future. I have no control over what will happen and when, and I need to stop dwelling on it. I need to once more become that person who looks at the glass as half full instead of half empty, because THAT is truly who I am!

Godspeed

2 comments:

amberhelga said...

i hope u feel better soon i hate being sad and changes so much love going your way.

Rebecca Geile said...

I am so glad you are feeling a little better.