Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Memories

This year I decided to record the daily doings of our Holiday Season. Most people start with Dec. 1st, but I felt that Thanksgiving is just as important because we have been Blessed with so much in our daily lives this past year, and overcome some obstacles that tried to get in our way. Notice I said "tried"!!

Since this was my first attempt at this, I wanted to keep it simple. Too overwhelming and it gets left undone and that is not what I wanted to happen. I gathered up my Christmas papers from previous kits that I had lying around and ordered some of these page protectors from WRMK that did the trick. And in wanting to keep it as inexpensive as possible I am using whatever embellies, chipboard, stickers, etc. that I already have.


I started with Nov. 24th since that is when our family was able to come together and share our Thanksgiving meal. I decided that since embellies create bulk in those page protectors, to put them on the outside. Besides, it gives me more of a chance to be creative in my placement.




As for the journaling, I will type up some onto the paper, hand write directly on the paper, use word strips, or use journaling spots. Whatever I think of first is probably what I'll use. :-)

My album cover is still in the decision making process. Couldn't locate what I wanted to use, so I'm devising a plan to create one out of cardboard. I told ya, FRUGAL!! Now off to continue on this quest. :-)

Godspeed

7 comments:

Rebecca Geile said...

Looks like you are off to a great start.

lisaplus6 said...

this looks GREAT! i cannot wait bto see more as it is finished!

ruth said...

Oh I *love* how you did it!!! I have some photo pages that I used to store die cuts in and I want to recycle them. THis would be PERFECT and any theme would work! :)

Janine Rachau said...

Looks great! And, I love how your keeping it easy,...that way it will likely get finished! :)

angie gutshall said...

Love your idea of using those page protectors. I need to get mine started.

Lori Gentile said...

I looks fantastic. This is going to be such a treasure!

Anonymous said...

What a great start to your holiday memories!