Friday, October 2, 2009

And now I wait.....

Now that my layouts are done for the Big Scrapper House challenge, I can sit back and relax. Yeah, right!! I'm as nervous as all get out and my fingernails are showing it! It has been announced that the house guests that were eliminated throughout the contest will somehow be the ones who 'vote' for either Kelly or myself, without knowing which one they voted for. Yep, you guessed it, CRAZY! Leave it to the owners, Frank & Von, of Life Preservers to add just one more twist to this rather crazy contest!

So, while I sit here waiting impatiently, here are the final two entries.....

For the #4 I had the hardest time trying to decide. I was thinking "4 legged friends" and featuring my pets, but animals can be so difficult when it comes to photographing. Then I got one of those DOH! moments and this is what I came up with......



The 4 seasons! I have such a beautiful garden all throughout the year and decided it needed showcasing all together on its own layout! Unfortunately, when I inked my number 4, it looked rather dull and I almost didn't use it. Since I don't have any opaque embossing powder my next thought was Diamond Glaze which worked like a charm. I need to pull that stuff out more often!

Onto the #5. I wanted my last layout to be a tribute of sorts to the actual contest itself. I thought of using my favorite 5 from the entire contest, 5 of ugliest, but then another one of those DOH! moments, which I seem to have alot of lately! I used 5 scrappy must haves and just love the whimsy and it made the perfect tribute to a fun and exciting contest!


I can't say it enough, but I've had so much fun and created some really neat cards and layouts during this 8 week contest. And yes, I have made a promise to myself, that I won't be this crazy again for, well, at least another 6 months!!

Godspeed

10 comments:

Julie said...

fingers crossed, great work!

Aimee Kidd said...

Wow! You are "1" creative lady!! (He,he!) I am completely loving all of the title and layouts you came up with for the challenge! Good luck with the contest!

Janine Rachau said...

Good luck! You sure know how to display your wonderful flower photos! And, #5 is so fun! Great stuff!

Candace H said...

Good luck! I love all your 1-5 layouts, but I think my favorite is #3!

jamie said...

congratulations so far.
very nice!

angie gutshall said...

Good Luck! Those are beautiful layouts! Love the idea of the 4 seasons.

Michelle said...

love the scrappy must have layout!!best of luck with the contest!!

Anonymous said...

I really love your four seasons layout, with the beautiful photos of your flowers. Great job!

LisaNRoxy said...

Yippee!! Congrats - I am rooting for you! The layouts are wonderful!

Lori Gentile said...

Good luck!!! I love your layouts because you come up with some really unique topics!