Friday, April 3, 2009

HELLO SUNSHINE!!

Really!! The sun is shining right now as I type and is forcasted to last thru the weekend! I won't be here long but wanted to share with you some cute little embellies that our Diva Janine at The ScrapRoom has challenged us to make. She'll be doing this all month and so far, I'm loving them all!!

April 1 - Paper Posies
Just scrunch your paper scraps, rip out three different sized circles, ink the edges, and attach your favorite fastener, which I sewed a button:



April 2 - Add glitter to sticker letters

Unfortunately, I don't have any glitter, but will definitely keep this one in mind for the future. There's nothing worse than needing just one more letter but its the wrong color! Now, I could just make my own!!

April 3 - Add Pattern Paper to Chipboard
I just traced my chipboard shape onto my pattern paper, cut it out, attached with Elmer's Spray Adhesive, and it was dry in 30 seconds. Next I sanded the edges with an emery board and spritzed on some Maya Road Red Mist. While it was drying I punched a circle for my center, then inked both it and the flower base. To assembled I used a pop dot for attaching the center flower for depth, and a glue dot for the button.

This was so EASY and I wish I would have tried it sooner!!


So, check them out this month and get inspired! Now, I'm going out to play in the sunshine!!

1 comment:

Nicole Maki said...

Great embellishments.

I don't use glitter - with four men in the house there is little need for the hassle - but when I do want some sparkle I top my letters (like Thickers) with Stickles or glitter glue.

Love the posie and your chipboard flower.